For example, explaining a few of the glories of Nebraska to a Californian and Coloradoan (that’s how spell check tells me to spell it!)
• No toll roads! I mean, to where would they even go?
• Cicadas, yes they are loud and large, but check out their shedding skin left on trees
• Lightning bugs- glorious!
• Summer lightning storms
• Explanation of driving in snow
• Chiggers, not so much a glory…but a forewarning
• Yes, people do seem more genuinely friendly
• HUSKERS! (enough said)
Just a few of the basics were covered this first week, but I figure I was a pretty good teacher on “the good life”
A couple other exciting facts from this week! I have now been both to and from school without my GPS, in addition, I have made it to Alana’s house and back! No, I have not been called on in class still (phew!) And the nice kid whose car I made a small scratch on was exceptionally understanding.
Oh and I now have a shirt PROVING I actually go to school :)